In October 2012, Phil Baker rolled Magellan Commercial Realty, an independent, full service commercial real estate brokerage company that he founded in 2004, into West Commercial Realty, a firm started by his longtime associate, John Paul West. Phil’s extensive real estate experience includes tenant representation, agency leasing, land transactions, investment sales and development with a geographic focus that centers on the Texas real estate market and specifically the Dallas - Fort Worth metropolitan area. Today, he serves as Chairman Emeritus for West Commercial Realty.
In 1992, Phil founded Baker Commercial Realty, a well-respected regional firm, which he sold to Insignia Financial Group, Inc. in October 2001. He served as Executive Director of Insignia/ESG’s Dallas office until Insignia was acquired by CB Richard Ellis in 2003.
Prior to establishing Baker Commercial, Phil was Executive Vice President of Las Colinas Corporation (1978 – 1992), the original developer of Las Colinas. He was instrumental in developing the Las Colinas submarket. He successfully negotiated and sold more than 1,000 acres in the master-planned development, either individually or as part of a team effort.
Phil was honored as the recipient of the 2008 Stemmons Service Award, the highest honor that can be bestowed on a Dallas real estate broker.
Phil and his wife reside in Dallas. As an avid long distance runner, Phil has completed more than 20 marathons including Boston, New York, Chicago, Marine Corps, Portland, San Antonio, Grand Canyon, and Dallas.
Achievements and Affiliations
· 2008 Recipient of the Stemmons Service Award
· North Texas Commercial Assn. of Realtors (NTCAR) - President 2005
· SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors®)
· Real Estate Council Past Board Member and ALC Chair
· Greater Dallas Association of Realtors (Past Board Member)
· Dallas White Rock Marathon – Chairman (2009 – 2011)
· Girls, Inc. of Metropolitan Dallas – Board Member (2008 – 2009)
· Costner Medical Missions - Board Member 2004 - present
· Baylor Hospital – Irving Board Member 2010 - present
· Irving Chamber of Commerce – (past Board Member)
· Lector and Eucharistic Minister, Christ the King Catholic Church
· For more information about Phil, visit the West Commercial Realty website at www.westcr.com